Posts by dtb

Hi all,

got my KPA and the first thing I did was to check if I could use it also for reamping in a proper way trying to keep the signal chain as clean as I can. The SPDIF works fine for ReAmping as long as you set it up as master (clock) in your sound card. but what if you've got more than one device connected digitally in your studio setup. well as there can only be one master it has to be the kpa but I am feeling somehow strange on this because many of us use dedicated clock generators (BigBen or whatever) with low jitter and things like that ... for me KPA should also be able to sync as slave in a big studio setup ... or one e.g. has to use the XLR'S for ReAming (or switching the clockSource for everything to kpa while reamping) ... annoying ...
    just my 2 cents ... anyway - KPA sounds great. not yet shure if I'll keep it.
    Tom

Especially when you aim for reamping you should keep the signal chain as clean as you possibly can. The best method for this is trying to avoid unnecessary AD, DA and impedance conversions, which automatically happens when using anlog ins or outs on the KPA.