Posts by thomas_van_beeck

Whoa, thanks for taking your time on this, I really appreciate it.
    I have to say that I agree on... everything!
    It's actually crazy, because I felt exactly the same when writing this song about most parts.
    The reason why the first solo is quite small is because I didn't intend to do a solo there first, but I felt like doing one because I was building towards something.
    I do understand that you'd like a longer solo and get more into the faster/crazier stuff :D
    Honestly, I'm not that motivated and inspired anymore to put so much time in playing guitar. (especially on faster stuff that I need to spent a lot of time on to learn to play it clean)
    That's exactly why the ending of the song is not really special and just a fast way to break out of the last solo part, I just wanted to finish the song, lol.
    There is so much going on in the orchestra that you almost can't hear (like cello's, contrabass stuff) so that's why I ended up with too much orchestra (volume wise).

I definitely agree on some weird bridges and weird parts that are not exactly right into place, because you expect something else.
    This might work in some cases, I like unexpected things in music, so I guess that's why I do some weird things here and there.

There's a new version available on my soundcloud page, with less orchestra (volume wise) and the solo's are louder, I also uploaded a version without the orchestra, FYI:
    http://www.soundcloud.com/tecksmusic

Thank you!

Wow, nice demo, very well done. I'm not really into metal but I'll play...

1) G12M-65 (Creamback)
    2) G12H-30
    3) G12-50GL (Lynchback)
    4) V30
    5) G12T-75

It was more easy for me to choose the ones I don't like so much, but I had to listen to the first three a bunch of times to decide. I've been using the Scumback M75 for a while now and I've really been wanting to try out that Creamback lately, it sound fantastic in your demo!

Oh, the creamback is amazing, it's my favourite one and I'm surprised it works so well for high gain sounds too.

Is that ezx metal machine?

Sounds pretty good so far, nice to hear people using my profiles :thumbup:

I'll create a new profile next week with a 6505+ from a friend, I will definitely try to get a sound like totw 06.

Honestly, imo TOTW 06 is the best metal rig ever. Period. Also way better than any commercial rigs that i tried. And i tried many of them. Just sits perfectly in the mix for modern and brutal stuff. I just tried it on my last song i am currently working on. Here´s a snippet (sorry, no vocals yet)...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5902643/powe…_v2_snippet.mp3

You should defintely do more variations of this setup. :thumbup:

Robert...
    I was actually listening to your stuff on soundcloud a few times this week.
    I really LOVE that Kemper test I song, it reminds me of those good old days listening to The Kovenant.

It's great to hear you using one of my profiles, I'm digging the mix!

I tell you why I chose the last two as profiles:
    I listened to the high end, which is most of the time a little bit tighter on a profile. The low end sounded a little bit less 'warm' to my ears than the real amps.

I'm listening on a pair of KRK rokit 8 monitors, which helps ofcourse.

Still, these profiles are really good, nice job!