Posts by Edmund

Really excited by this. We'll be getting some fabulous new effects soon. Thanks again, Kemper team!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1. Faster boot time. Today we have to keep them on ups since booting up a spare takes half a song.

2. Shorter switching lag/faster response (as an example the 20+ y.o. H&K ZenTera has a much less apparent switching lag)

3. Ins and outs to separately profile drive pedal, preamp, power amp, and speaker+mic all in on profiling go, each part taking into account their respective impedance and response dynamics. In/out for power amp and speaker should be combo tele/speakon do easier do bass amps.

4. Concerning the last point would also be a good built in mic pre, with phantom power.

5. Two Dante ports (or whatever digital format rules the market when the Kemper 2 comes out). That would make it possible to stay in the digital domain longer and reduce latency, say going from a Shure ULX-D to Kemper to digital stage box back to IEM.

6. Software wise I´d like to see pre- and post eq (studio style) included in the amp section and console style eq/comp in the cab block. And I´d like to have back the possibility to bypass the rig EQ, to easier compare changes.

7. A foot controller with scribble LCD´s over each button would be nice. But I hope a Kemper 2 would keep the compatibility with the remote and original profiler rigs.

Regarding #3 above; some people never do their own profiles, some do their profiles in the studio, while I as a backline tech do mine on the road on stages. It would make sense to offer the profiling I/O's as a separate module, maybe to go in the "luggage compartment" like the Camplifier or, even better, as a full width/depth unit to attach underneath the profiler (that would effectively reduce size if you don't travel with it on). Connection between profiler an I/O unit should then be class compliant USB C so you could use it as a stand alone unit to keep in your studio if you want, to use directly from you computer.

And while we are at it, with add on modules:

8. Choice of add on power amp in mono, stereo or wet/dry/wet configurations respectively. Module attachable underneath as mentioned above (full width/depth.

I would really like to finally have full transparency on the profiling process. I'd like to be told "This is how the process works and therefore you need to do/play exactly this during the refine stage to get the best result" for example. Now we are somewhat kept in the dark as to how it works and what affects the result and we end up blaming the product for our poor profiling results.

I´d really like Kemper to stay the proffessional choice when everybody else is doing smaller and smaller gadgets lacking necessities like effects, digital options and general connectivity.