Posts by Memph1s

It looks like I'm in the minority here wanting USB audio. ?(

I'll try to explain why this is an important omission for me. I have an Apogee Duet and a Mackie Onyx 1220i. Neither has SPDIF and both only have stereo outputs. Up to now they have been all I need - the sound quality of the Apogee is fine and most of my devices (keyboards mostly) are connected over USB or Firewire.

To do reamping with the Kemper, I would have to reorganise my mix to send the dry guitar track out of the L output of my interface while routing the rest of the mix in mono to the R output, which means a lot of hassle and recabling every time I want to reamp a guitar track.

With the Eleven Rack it takes just a couple of clicks and no recabling required since the audio goes over USB at whatever frequency you need. I don't really want to have to buy another interface just for this one very simple function, nor do I want to be tied to 44.1KHz if I'm trying to stay digital.

I hope there's a Kemper 'TI' version further down the road with the same kind of functionality as the Virus TI.

no minority, mate. as I've stated in another thread, with the on-rush of technology today USB Audio is pretty much a must-have feature. yeah, maybe when you do own or are able to rent a hi-end studio, the question of an appropriate audio interface doesn't quite bother you. but for me it's SO much better to have an all-in-one device (of a good quality, no doubt) than to fiddle with a hell of a lot of cables I've got at my workplace - already!

& again, it's all about customer targeting. when you don't aim at the home-recording guitarists e.g., it's all right to have a product with the limitations we're discussing here.

without a proper USB-connection (particularly for recording, reamping) KPA even with its promising technology is not state-of-the-art. Hope the future firmware will solve the issue asap & without any hardware modifications.