Posts by gniedelman

I get you Stefan... same for me - the pictures on the website and the manual (typical use cases) are quite misleading in this regard and Yes, that's an annoying lack in communication. Especially considering that something like the Cioks Sol + adapter cables is another 184,- Euros on top (if you get it from Thomann here in Germany).

But it is as it is... i wanted the unit to work standalone, so i paid the price.

Same here.

Problem is (according to support) that there are no grounded external wall socket power supplys (the typical "wall wart") available on the market.

Yes, it's annoying if someone get's the player mainly for standalone use but i guess Kemper had in mind that most people will use the unit in combination with some kind of grounded equipment or at least plan to integrate the player into a pedalboard with (already existing) proper power solution. So from an economic point of view it makes no sense to supply a better (grounded + expensive) power solution per default as this would drive up the price of the unit for all customers regardless of whether they need it or not.

I got rid of the noise with a Cioks Sol - it's quite small, grounded and features excellently filtered isolated outputs. In addition you need 3 parallel adapter flex cables to combine 4 of the outputs into a single 9V @ 2.640 mA output (the included power supply delivers 9V @ 2.500 mA) which powers the player in the best possible way (original wall wart -> horrible hum/ buzz; Cioks Sol -> dead silence as it should be). Leaves you with one additional isolated output for another pedal (in my case a EAE Dude incredible). It's not the cleanest looking solution with the adapter cables but quite sturdy and still compact enough to fit in a gigbag together with the player.

If you need more outputs for other pedals then consider the Cioks DC7 + Crux - same performance im terms of audio quality/ noise level but a bit bigger and noticeably more expensive.

Just for the record: i'm using Mobius, Timeline & Big Sky alongside other stompboxes with the KPA. There is one thing you can try with Mobius which is quite interesting Imho. Using Mobius' Pre/Post-feature you can put it in the loop together with Big Sky AND at the same time in front of the Profiler and have that switchable per preset. For example using the vibe algorithm before the Amp (means: in front of KPA) sounds quite different compared to using it after the Amp in the loop. Same goes for most of the other algorithms. Of course then you are limited to using Mobius in mono only but you have the option to choose it's position in the signal chain per preset without switching physical cables. I do it that way and i really like it.

Hi folks,

this is a little guitar-bass-drums-instrumental which i did as a christmas present for my little brother. As the subject suggests i don't really know in which genre it fits. It's definitely not the typical insane-soloskill-showcase-alongside-boring-backing-track but rather erm... yes - a bit of the opposite in some ways i think... ;)

For the basic sounds i just used the KPA on its own: rhythm guitars are done with one of Andy's free Matchless profiles (difference between clean & crunch is only playing dynamics) and for the bass i had one of r_u_sirius' Darkglass B7K profiles, both tweaked quite heavily. Solo guitars are done with the same profile as the rhythm ones, but in this case i used some external stompboxes in addition (Soundblox Multiwave Distortion/ WMD Geiger Counter/ Strymon Mobius + Timeline/ Morpheus Droptune/ Digitech Whammy V). Guitar is a VGS Stage One with Evertune (F***ing amazing bridge system for recording purposes imho) and bass is tracked with a Dingwall Combustion. Drums are stitched together from premixed samplephrases that i had laying around on an old sample CD. Recording/ roughmixing was done in Samplitude. For stem-mixing + mastering i hired a mastering engineer here in germany (http://www.finemastering.de).

http://recording.de/Community/Song…/6312/song.html

Play it loud & have some fun! :D