Posts by jaysonchance

I'm completely new to some of the available devices in 2024, but after some research I've been led to the Profiler Player as a very strong contender (currently no. 1 option) for a specific need, along with some of the other usual contenders (HX Stomp, etc.)

A little background, because it's important to explain want I want out of the unit in a very specific way. I'm a career player in Nashville, & putting together a small board (Pedaltrain Jr) to be a combination "traditional rig" into an amp with external effects, and a direct rig for occasional situations with a handful of good sounding amp sims/profiles to choose from.

My experience is almost exclusively running gear the old-fashined way...i.e. guitar->stomps->amp. As a result, some of the terminology is confusing when I've checked out the online manuals of things like the Player Profiler. I'd like to know the easiest way to:

1) Use the Player primarily for its internal FX like a multi-effect board. Meaning it would be mostly used for mods, delays, & a handful of special effects.

2) Be able simply 'turn on' an internal amp profile in some live situations where I need to go direct

I figure it will do these things once I learn the lingo, so my next question is... What is the easiest external accessory to be able to add some extra footswitches, basically to use it in 'stomp box' mode... turn on an individual delay, tremolo, chorus, etc?

I'm also assuming this would be some kind of midi controller? For what it's worth, I've got a few mini pedals I'd like to use in front of the Player for dirt & compression. If this is all easier than I've made it in my head, I greatly appreciate the input!