Posts by tarattarat

I've just received my Kemper Player (today!) and it sounds amazing through my headphones, but less so through my Genelec 8020 monitors. I was hoping to get a similar experience to playing my tube amp in the room, but I understand from another post that the flat response of the monitors will make this unlikely.

I'm new to all this, and will only be practicing at home, so would appreciate any answers to the below and/or any creative solutions to achieve a more guitar like experience through monitors.

1. Would an IR help?

2. Would a FRFR speaker be a better option than monitors?

3. Would it be better if I used a small power amp to power my existing guitar speaker? (I'm assuming I can't plug into a small guitar combo direct from the KP)

Any help appreciated or advice about which option is likely to achieve the experience closest to playing through a guitar amp and cab.

Many thanks :)

Hi all,

I'm new here and grateful for all the really useful posts.

I've just ordered a Player and now to get some open backed headphones to avoid annoying my neighbours any more than usual šŸ˜œ

I've read numerous long and interesting posts about impedance but still don't fully understand.

Kemper have confirmed that the Player headphone output spec is: 32-600 ohms, 330 mW @ 32 ohms, 220 mW @ 600 ohms.

I'm considering the following headphone options:

Audio-Technica ATH-R70X Pro

Maximum Input Power: 1,000 mW at 1 kHz

Sensitivity: 98 dB

Impedance: 470 ohms

Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro

Nominal Impedance Headphone 250 ohms

Nominal sound pressure level 102 dBSPL (1mW/500Hz)

Sennheiser HD660S2

Impedance 300 ohms

Sound pressure level (SPL) 104 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms)

Would appreciate if someone could confirm if the above should be capable of 'normal' listening levels.

Any other open headphone recommendations also welcome!

Many thanks šŸ™