Posts by Mike Nuclear

Hi everyone, I’ve recently started profiling my amplifiers and would like to share my experience with you. I hope it can be helpful to others who are just starting out.

I started doing profiles about 5 months ago, initially only DI profiles. In the refining process, I did some experiments and came to some conclusions.

1. I did not get good results using the .wav file from ToneX. The sound always ends up with less definition at the end of the process. The profiles were better before refining with this file.
    2. I performed multiple refinements on the same profile, playing various techniques (palm muting, harmonics, open chords, etc.), for about 3 to 4 minutes, and the sound was always very different from the reference amp in the end.
    3. I performed the refinements quickly (about 20 seconds) by playing several chords with more energetic strummings, as instructed by the manual. This is where I got the best results.

In summary, follow the manual instructions without trying to improvise. That's when I got the best results. ;):D:D