Posts by Plank Spanker

Hey all, still very new to the Kemper universe. Is there a way to have the Player connect to my home WiFi without having to connect it to a PC?

When I enable WiFi on the unit, it defaults to Hotspot mode. When I connect it to a PC and use RM, I can connect to my home network.

But, as far as I can tell, once I disconnect it from the PC, it defaults back to just enabling Hotspot mode.

Thanks

Everything is relative. Genre obviously makes a difference but in my experience if you need more than 200w for guitar then you are too loud on stage.

200w is 200w regardless of whether it is a guitar cabinet or an FRFR speaker. The speaker efficiency is far more important than the wattage. I could be wrong but I believe the Kone is a rebadged (perhaps tweaked) K12H - 200TC. That has a sensitivity of 98db which is the same as a G12 greenback. A Vintage 30 is 100db though which is seriously loud.

You’re right. I was thinking tube amp wattage. Not speaker wattage. Yeah, I sometimes think we’re too loud but the 250 watt floor monitor I was using wasn’t cutting it. Doesn’t Fender’s FRFR cab have 1000 watts?

hmm, I guess you're still out of luck even when Kemper update the Stage - 77 chars is way outside the WPA2 specification. Guess it's time to bite the bullet and change passwords...

I feel for ya. I had an old WiFi stereo receiver I wanted to connect to the home network but it wouldn’t accept a special character I have in my WiFi password. I wasn’t about to change 60+ devices so it got sold.

200w is loads for a guitar. PA cabinets and bass cabinets need the extra power to reproduce low frequencies which the hguitar doesn’t produce.

Hi, that hasn’t been my experience. Our band uses 1000 watts just for floor monitors. I know 200 watts is plenty for a guitar cabinet but not an FRFR which is what I believe the Kone is. Then again, we run everything through the mains including drums and bass. Don’t know a whole lot about the Kone though so happy to be corrected. Cheers

I've used my Kabinet live outdoors a few times and as others have said there's lots of headroom for a loud rock band.

There was someone on this forum who had a buzzing/rattling noise in his Kab. He opened it up and tightened the screws that hold the speaker in the Kabinet and that solved his issue.

Speakers do blow, and maybe yours did, but it's a 200w speaker and it can take a lot of power.

200 watts is not a lot of power for a live band. Most PAs are a 1000 watts at the low end.