Posts by bgr_100

Eventually the rig manager came back with an update, all appears to be working now.

I'm very much enjoying the new delays and reverbs

The manual hasn't been updated though, so its not clear where some things are - I can't find the looper anywhere and there's nothing to explain why i'd want to use usb over core audio.

Hi All,

I have a Profile Player and I've just bought the level 2/3 pack and would very much like to use it.

If I start up rigmanager it tells me ''Software Version Mismatch, your PROFILER needs an update. Rig manager will search for a newer version online. This might take a couple of minutes to arrive/ PROFILER OS 11.1.0 or higher is required". That never comes back with any update (I've waited 30mins) and I can't use the player - through rigmanager.

I've downloaded the latest update 'KEMPER PROFILER OS 11.1.0.54956 Public Beta' copied kaos.bin to an fat32 usb drive and tried booting the player with the usb drive in the back of the player, by holding down the two white Fx1/Fx2 buttons and inserting the power lead, but all I get are 4 flashing red LEDS. I've tried 3 different usb drives but all have the same affect.

Anyone help?

The looper available with PROFILER Remote and Stage requires five dedicated foot switches for its full capacities. To have these available you switch these buttons into their Looper Mode via an addition LOOPER button. How would you do all this or even a fraction of it with a device, which just has three foot switches overall? Is this even meaningful if you have buttons to start and stop loops but cannot change sounds and effects anymore?

And if you consider to enhance the Player with a MIDI device adding switches, which requires additional budget and floor space, wouldn't it be more meaningful to consider a PROFILER Stage, which is designed for it?

That's why the Player has no Looper.

its not hard to implement a simple looper using only one switch (TC does it) - it doesn't have to be the perfect solution every time.

I have the same problem - how do you use a looper at the end of the effects chain - so you can have the looper "playing" a different sound to the one you want to play over it - when using headphones.

Its a pain to do - ideally kemper would release an upgrade that would add one (if its up to the task).

You could - and its incredibly painful - record the loop and (as already been said) play that loop through bluetooth back into the player!

I assume kemper don't think you should be using the player that way though.

not sure what kemper you have, or what the older models do. But you should be able to just connect it to your computer via usb and record straight into luna.

I have a Player and can record 4 inputs from it straight into Luna. There are a couple of video tutorials on youtube, no need to buy an Apollo or any other audio interface.

Hi all, I'm about to get a Player, and have a question about looper pedals:

Does the device already contain one?

The manual states for the Delay effect:

"Freeze” is an Action & Freeze function, which turns the delay into an endless loop. The delay track will be repeated

without losing or gaining level, and without sound degradation. The input of the delay is cut, so no further signal is

added to the delay, allowing you to play along to the loop.

Will this function as a "proper" looper pedal like a TC Ditto?

It could be a pain - if not - because when practising with headphones I can't put a pedal after the rig/effects.

Many Thanks