Posts by Kail76

Head, Rack, and Stage models don't support USB host yet. So connecting your Ampero via USB cable to their USB A sockets won't work.

Connecting it via classical 5-pin MIDI cables will work. That has been functional all the time.

And I understood, that your Ampero also worked when you connected its 5-pin sockets via a USB-MIDI adapter to the USB-A socket of the Player, correct?

So I don't think, that gets us any further.

I dont have a Midi to USB adapter so I do not know if that would work.

Yes! I give up...

Do you have any other MIDI device as a reference to test with, other than that Ampero product? I try to avoid, that the Kemper staff is busy chasing a 3rd party issue.

The Rig Up/Down function does exist for external switches.

Functions like Slot 4 and Slot 5 would be very limiting. You can just toggle between two Slots. But these exist for internal switches. Perhaps you can use those for that purpose and leave the external to switch effects.

I unfortunatally dont have any other Midi Device but I heard that the Amero Control should work with the older Kemper units. I will see if I can find one to borrow for testing.

The external Switch options available for the Kemper Player does not fulfill my needs unfortunately.

I need a small Midi controller in the same format with 2-4 buttons like the Ampero Control. Can you advice me to buy one similar controller that works with my Player?

I know about Morningstar MC6 Pro but it has wrong format size for me.

hmm... that USB descriptor looks OK, nothing strange going on there: this should work on the Player (as well as other models) Next thing would be to find out whether maybe the Ampero is causing a MIDI loop. This is tricky, we will discuss this internally and try to find a solution or work-around for this.

Thanks for the support.
    I tried to elaborate with it today again but without any success. Here is a print of my signals in Midiview that I try to send to my Kemper Profiler Player.

I only powered up the Hotone Ampero Control via the USB from Kemper Profiler Player last time, but connected the external power supply adapter to my Ampero Control today, but it did not make any differ.

The last digit is 1 when button is pressed and 0 when released on the Ampero Control:
    -Row 1-2 is button one
    -Row 3-4 is button two
    -Row 5-6 is button four

Would be very nice if the Kemper software allowed the user to be able to select Rig/stomp 4 & 5 via a simple 2-Way Foot Switch Controller instead so we could skip all these midi pedals otherwise :/

I also noticed that the kemper buttons lag alot when the Ampero Control is connected to the Kemper via USB. Kemper behaves normally when USB is disconnected. I was not allowed to upload the clip directly but please see the attached video in the compressed file.

Hi,
    I have a Midi issue with my Kemper Profiler Player and my Hotone Ampero Control, connected via one USB cable (USB-A connected to Player and USB-B connected to Ampero Control).

I have tested the Ampero Control directly to Midiview on a Windows computer so I know that it sends correct midi-data, and it works perfectly.

I have read both these manual but don’t get this to work at all anyway:

-KEMPER PROFILER Player Main Manual for OS 11.0

-KEMPER PROFILER MIDI Parameter Documentation 8.6

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong and what address and how I can activate Rig/Slot stomp 4 via midi (Momentary switch function)?

I have tried a lot of combinations without success and here are some examples:

CCC Test

A Group (when pressed)

Channel = Omni (tried Ch.1 also)

Type = CC

Data 1 = 53

Data 2 = 1 (Also tried 127)

B Group (when released)

Type = CC

Data 1 = 53

Data 2 = 0 (Also tried 1, 127)

CPC Test

A Group (when pressed)

Type = PC

Data 1 = 53

B Group (when released)

Type = PC

Data 1 = 53

I also tried to activate Tuner from Ampero Control without success, for example like this:

A Group (when pressed)

Type = CC

Data 1 = 31

Data 2 = 1 (Also tried 127)

B Group (when released)

Type = CC

Data 1 = 31

Data 2 = 0 (Also tried 1, 127)