Posts by BillyNoSocks

At the same time - you won’t know for certain until you plug it in.

this is unfortunately the reality. hum/buzz/noise is a very YMMV situation. what works on paper doesn't always work in your environment. over the last 25 years, i've had things be noisy when they should not have been and i've had things be quiet when they should not have been. it's maddening. but you have to try solutions with your gear with your setup in the places you play. hopefully, what should work works for you.

thankfully, i have had no noise issues with my Player so i just enjoying this moment in time. :D

i'm all for the idea but i think the problem with that scenario is the reality of the cpu power and memory on the units. especially if are expecting to not have a computer or similar attached device, that type of processing would be a huge impact on the hardware and everything else onboard would suffer. not to mention how much of a massive development effort and investment it would take to build something like that into them. such a feature would have to be behind a significant pay-wall.

i would think, if anything, Kemper could develop more synth-ish effects sort of like what Boss offers. but remember that Boss's flagship guitar-synth unit cost just a few hundred dollars less that a Kemper Stage. Their most basic model is a couple hundred dollars but it's really not much to get excited about.

My wife bought me a 3D Printer for my birthday and I’ve been using it for a bunch of quality-of-life improvements in my tiny primary play-space. Here’s a run down of what I’ve made so far for this purpose:

-Player stand adapted from design a for a mini-goxlr.

-Button topper.

-Cable holder with cable loosely wound on a used filament spool.

-Headphone hook

-Extended legs for the Marshall Stanmore adapted from an unrelated design.

-Cubby storage bins with dividers adapted from a much larger design.

-Cable wrap is unseen.

I’m still working on the Expression Pedal I shared some weeks back. Hasn’t been a priority. These small creations are working out great.

Anyone one else out there printing? :)

Correct. With both volumes being equal. your right ear will hear it louder (due to having a human brain). So, for better separation, you want the left louder knowing the right ear is more sensitive.

If you critically listen to music you will hear that the guitar always seems to be louder on the left in stereo mixes but your right ear is picking up more discernible tones. The Van Halen debut album is a great example because of the limited instruments played.

and here i thought that phenomenon was because i have more of a hearing loss in my right ear. documented, not assumed. :S

i'm getting lost in the weeds here. now it seems that we are talking about the right side being louder? i thought we were discussing the left side being louder...

...but i just had a fantastic time reinstalling everything on my computer after the recent rains, winds, brown-outs, power-outs, and friggin' earthquakes (in New Jersey...wtf?) and im finally sitting here with just audacity monitoring this double tracker. i haven't compared the wave-forms since some time before March 22nd. at that time, i did view a difference but the initial replies led me to believe it was intentional so i didn't capture it. only when i read the reply that it might be an issue did i have cause for concern. i asked if that was a possibility but there was no confirmation for 8 days.

just now, ive tested a number of DT settings and i do not see that previous result nor any discernible difference in actual recorded volume. the designed perceivable difference is of course still there in headphones but im fully aware of the non-correlation between auditory components (what i hear, phase cancellation, delay, etc.) and what a wave-form readout says. the problem simply isn't there anymore.

i can no longer claim that i am experiencing this issue. take me off the short-list Kemper. maybe the earth will stop shaking now...

I keep noticing that the Reference Pitch setting seems to randomly move from the defaulted 440Hz completely by itself. I only realize it when I go to System Settings for a different reason. Each time it happens, it moves to a lower value and I have to reset it. I never tune to anything but 440Hz so I don't mess with that control other than to correct it. Why would this happen? :/