Posts by ggo_101

I have the Morningstar MC6 Mk II as well as the Ampero Controller. The MC6 is great for its screen. The Ampero is decent: it doesn't have a very functional display (it only indicates the Bank and Pedal you last selected), but is slimmer profile/form factor is better when I'm using my Player for gigs (it takes up way less real estate).

If you were only getting one controller, which of the 2 would you suggest? Really torn between these exact 2 models.

Morningstar is obviously the superior option, but it's big. On the other hand, it may be more versatile if I ever expand to another setup than the Kemper player.

The main benefit of the Ampero is it's size.

Really unsure which of these two is the best option tbh.

Not saying used gear is a bad choice for purchase. But comparing cost of new vs cost of something else used makes no sense. I can get a used X for the price of a new Y doesnt mean the Y is overpriced or not worth the cost.

I've said this exact thing many times on multiple forums. People just respond "that I don't get it".

The reality is that they are making up arguments that don't make sense in a desperate attempt to "be right".

Your post sort of confirms my software/hardware point. You compare the amount of switches which is a pure hardware thing. The difference between Kemper, line6, fractal, neural DSP etc isn't the hardware. Those are probably almost identical. It's in the software.

These devices are nothing but shells for software to run, what we really buy is the software.

I don't think this is really correct. While the guts might become identical to the Stage, the I/O options and buttons/display do not. Even if you buy a player and add the upgrades and buy a remote you are at the same price as a Stage, but still lack the massive I/O of 2 stereo loops, stereo XLR, two stereo jack, headphone, digital etc I/O.

So saying a Player becomes a Stage for just 299€ upgrade is not exactly right.

That's why I mentioned 90% :p For a lot of people the player I/o is enough and if it isn't the stage is a better choice

I honestly feel like all of this is fueled by greed. Not Kemper their greed, but the greed and entitlement of customers.

Do they really expect Kemper to sell something with 90% of the stage features at 50% of the price? That would be a stupid decision that would destroy stage sales.

I don't see it as a scam that forces us to pay more to get "software already in our product"

It's an option to pay less to avoid the features we don't need because let's be real, if they released the fully unlocked player as the only version it'd be at 1k EUR and a lot of people who own and enjoy using one now would be priced out (including me).

I would've loved a cheaper price as well, 200 for both levels would be ideal to me since I am priced out of the current upgrade package as well. The Kemper player was a big splurge for me, I can't afford 300 EUR for the upgrade in my current financial situation while I do really really want it.

But grow up people. If you look at what you are getting and compare it to all the other options out there, you aren't being ripped off. It's in line with what the others cost or even cheaper.

People are just mad because there is this weird entitlement that hardware should be expensive and software should be cheap. That isn't how it works. In this current day and age software is where the labor and magic happens.

I think this prices a crazy high.

I agree that it's quite a bit higher than expected.

But on the other hand, it makes the Kemper player a smaller more portable stage without the possibility to profile and with less buttons. The stage costs 400 euros more than a fully unlocked player.

The price feels too high, but once you compare it to the stage it feels "fair". Won't be a day one purchase for me like I thought it would be though.

I would personally find 100 euro per level to be a sweet spot but it is what it is

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All details other than pricing. Far more extra features than I expected. It litterally is a smaller stage without profiling with all this unlocked

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All details other than pricing. Far more extra features than I expected. It litterally is a smaller stage without profiling with all this unlocked

I feel like this is in a weird in between position between the Tonex and Kemper player.

Price wise it's right in between them. It adds some effects so it has more than the Tonex, but it is far more limited than the Player (which is already too limited for a lot of people) which causes it to not work as a standalone unit. It doesn't even have an overdrive effect slot.

If you want just amp captures, the Tonex does that for a lot less money. If you want all in one, the nano cortex can't offer that but the Kemper Player can for about 150 EUR more.

What position does this leave the nano cortex in?

I had my wallet ready to buy one, but now the specs are out I see no reason at all to get it over a player.

I think it does both , there are integrated amps with modeling tech à la amplitube , and you can profile amps too ,

From the link in the OP

"TONEX ONE puts IK’s revolutionary AI Machine Modeling technology on any size pedalboard, enabling you to perform with the world’s most sought-after tones in more ways than ever before. It truly makes unlimited tone accessible to all.

Ultra-compact and powerful, TONEX ONE stores up to 20 hyper-realistic modeled amps, cabs and stomps from a nearly infinite supply, so you can add it anywhere in your rig. You can even load models of your own gear captured with the included TONEX software. Effortlessly fit multiple units on your board for truly limitless tone possibilities. "

I'm sure if could profile they would have said so ...

Its a profiler and not a modeler. The wording in these texts is badly chosen but its basically a mini Tonex that trades some input/output features for a lower price and smaller size. You can check out one of the many videos on YouTube about it if you dont believe me on my word.

ggo_101 no matter how carefully you try to match the tones, there will be some differences and potential phase and comb filtering issues. That might actually sound good like a two-amp setup…

Its tempting to get one just for a dual amp setup to be honest, and if somehow there are too many issues with phasing I guess I can use it as a backup or capture boost pedals with it to free up a slot in my kemper player

Would this work for a dual amp setup with the Kemper Player or will there be phasing issues?

I'm a big idiot since I only know that phasing issues are a concern when going dual amp, but thats where my knowledge ends.