Posts by lauryfriese

Ensure that the audio settings on both your PC and the Kemper Profiler are configured correctly. Verify that the Kemper Profiler is set as the default audio input and output device in your Windows sound settings. Adjust the volume levels and ensure that all necessary audio channels are enabled and not muted.

I have a Kemper Stage guitar amp modeler with a Line 6 Powercab FRFR monitor that I use only in flat mode for practice at home and as a monitor at church. When at church, the Powercab is on the floor of the stage, next to me, and pointed towards my head. A goal being to hear myself while minimizing impact to the stage and house sound. Everything is great at home, and I keep things at pretty low volumes. However, when I’m at church and using the amp as a monitor I run into problems when the stage volume is high. Most noticeably it’s when there are horns that are blasting a section of the music. It’s then that I can’t hear myself. I then try to turn my amp up, and I notice I’m unpleasantly surprised with boomy bass. I’m really just trying to cut through the mix without the boomy bass (also don't want to blow a speaker). Maybe I’m just looking for high end, though I’m not really sure how to best articulate what I’m looking for. Drift Boss

I’ve thought about turning down the bass knob on the Kemper, but I don’t think I want to affect the house sound at all. My hope for the Kemper was to give the house mixers a good amp sound, and let them control volume, equalizer, etc on their end, and control my monitor the way I want it. Though, I wonder if I’m getting overly loud bass with the Powercab loud, then maybe they’re getting the same thing.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing, and have any solutions or recommendations? I’m open to anything. Thanks!

Welcome to the community. I'm glad you joined us.