Posts by telejas

however the designers that engineered it must not have played live because the foot switches were way to close together and I found myself playing footsie almost all night trying into the the right sound I needed for the song. So I was still in my return window at sweet water so I exchanged it for the Kemper stage. My first impressions are that the lay out of the Kemper stage is much easier to navigate.

^^THIS^^

I've been dying to try a QC and have read how close the footswitches were a few times.... This helped me decide not to get a QC as a 2nd, or even to try to replace my Kemper Stage (only out of curiosity). I usually wear some kind of "hiking boot" style of footwear when I'm playing, which tends to be bulky at the toe... I can see the QC being a problem for me.

Kemper Stage

Firmware version: 8.7.20.44681

First post here, I hate that it's about an error message. I opened a ticket last night, but I know it's sometimes 24-48 hours before they get back to you and I have a show tonight and tomorrow night and trying to decide if I need to find a backup or not?

I was connected to Rig Manager on my PC (via USB) making some changes to my "morph" function (slowing it down), when my Stage threw this error the first time. I also had Rig Manager open on my iPad (to make some of the tweaks without having to walk over to my laptop every time).

I figured I'd better do a backup, so I inserted a brand new USB thumb drive and tried formatting it... I must be impatient, because I pulled the thumb drive out when it looked like nothing was happening and I got the error again. I tried a 2nd time to format the drive, did the same thing (when it appeared inactive) and got the same error. I then backed up to a different thumb drive, which went fine, then tried the new one again. This time, I left it alone for a few minutes after hitting "format" and it seemed to work correctly this time and I was able to do a backup to it.

Should I be concerned about this error message? Or could it be USB related?

** Forgot to mention, I just received it back from footswitch repair/replacement yesterday (fresh off the truck). Should I maybe do a factory reset?