Posts by ianpro

Same. Failed around 55% during transferring update from PC.

KEMPER PROFILER OS 8.7.17.43373 Release.

Kemper Head stayed green with the "Kemper Profiler" logo.

I turned it off with the chicken head knob, it took about 5-10 seconds to turn off.

Later booted into the old firmware 8.7.10.38833

We're called Guttersnipe, we're UK based and play around the Shropshire/Midlands area. We mainly do the more older/original wave of punk - The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Sham 69 etc... but we throw The Kids... Basket Case by Green Day and Die For The Government by Anti Flag in from the slightly more recent times every now and again.

Do you play in a band?

Great to know! Thanks!

No, I don't play in a band, I am a 3-years beginner with on and off periods of practice. Since I've got Kemper I am practicing more, cause it removed some distracting things and I have almost nothing to blame :) This time I am following Hal Leonard Guitar Method book which gave me more confidence and at least some measuring of my progress in pages :-). Besides that from time to time I am trying to jump above my head to try some riffs/licks and luckily in this thread I've got more knowledge and more motivation to practice.

Yeah, that last link, for Ultimate Guitar, is the gear I'm familiar with them using.

I play that song (Kids Aren't Alright) in my punk covers band, so I know it pretty well. Being a fan of the band, I worked hard to play it as close to the recorded version as possible.

Ah, great to know! What's the name of the band? Where do you play live?

What do you say about this tutorial by Marty?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's interesting to know too, thanks for that dude [...goes off to find a decent VHT profile...]

I mentioned this in my initial post "VHT GP3 - CRUNCH by Lune". Let me know when you fine tune this one or some others to match the sound, cause you surely have a tons of experience and I am glad that I virtually encountered you.

I found the "Mesa Boogie Mark IV Ch3 Lead" by Ivan Sandoval and a classic overdrive (Green Screen) clean boost (gain - 0, tone - 5, volume - 0, mix - 100%) in front to help tighten the low end is pretty close to the Ixnay On The Hombre guitar tones.

Thanks, found it!

Do you mean

Distortion->Green Scream-> DIST Green Boost

or

Distortion->Green Scream->Boost?

Also, there is no 'gain' in effects settings, but there is 'Drive'. Did you mean this?

It's a bit rushed, but hopefully this may help you with the playing of that particular passage too.

Disclaimer: I don't know if I'm playing it on the exact same strings and frets as Noodles is, but the notes are correct regardless.

My man! :)

https://media.tenor.com/qkY03OWbhWAAAAAC/my-man-denzel.gif

Thank you so much!

I have a couple more questions, hope you don't mind sharing more info.

Do you lift you left hand fingers while moving on the fret?

Is the secret sauce it a speed and timing when to exactly move left hand and hit strings?

Do you mute the E string with the index finger?

Do you strum across all strings or just EADG or ADG?

Amp wise, I know they use (or at least recently they were both using) Axe FX live...

Mesa's seemed to be the order of the day pre axefx, and I'm pretty sure that they blended the Dual Rectifiers with Mark IV for the majority of their tones on earlier albums.

I've also read that Marshall DSL's and Vox AC30's were used more recently, atleast by Dexter Holland anyway.

Either a thick but slightly mid boosted Mesa tone of some sort will get you close.

I found the "Mesa Boogie Mark IV Ch3 Lead" by Ivan Sandoval and a classic overdrive (Green Screen) clean boost (gain - 0, tone - 5, volume - 0, mix - 100%) in front to help tighten the low end is pretty close to the Ixnay On The Hombre guitar tones.

Thanks for sharing your finds and experience.

This is what I found before, hope it would also be helpful

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1…-offspring-use/

https://rockguitaruniverse.com/dexter-holland-gear-effects-tone/

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/en/wiki/The_Of…ren%27t_Alright

whippinpost91850, musicmad thanks a lot!

Would you be able to recommend some video lessons to learn this technique?

So far I found this on Justin Guitar - Lick #11: Rock Sliding Octaves (Guitar Lesson LK-011) How to play

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Everyone!

I was looking for a tone of The Offspring - Can't Repeat song and after some research I found a VHT GP3 - CRUNCH by Lune on this Rig Exchange (Thanks!).

(also, I would be grateful for any other advice on rigs for The Offspring songs).

This is fine for now, but I am struggling with another problem and I googled everywhere on how to smoothly play this song solo and I cannot find the answer to it.

By smoothly I mean that it should sound more like a nice flow and not like a distinctive individual notes being picked.

So, I was trying to use the following tabs to play it

a) on this video from 19 seconds (14-12-12, etc...)

External Content youtu.be

b) this tab which is shifted to different strings and is using slides (10-8-8,... 9-9\7-7/9) - https://www.guitaretab.com/o/offspring/59459.html

and what I am getting is an individual strokes on notes which is much differ from how this song is being played in the original recording and on some of the covers.

Here is the original (from 18 seconds) -

Here is the cover ((from 18 seconds, check the top guitar on this video) -

What am I missing?

It this the speed at which fingers and pick is working? Is there some invisible slides? Is there some guitar effect which is helping with more smooth play of this?

Thanks!

Ian