Posts by HIWATTHEAD

can someone explain how to import these, baby steps pls. As pure cabinet what does it mean, should I crank the pure cabinet knob? I only see a cabinet option. wow im so confused. lmao

On the other hand, the introduction of Liquid Profiling sounds like it could undermine one of the selling points for commercial profilers: that they typically provide a whole profile collection of every possible combination of EQ and gain settings for a specific amp, rather than the disparate one-offs found for free in the Rig Exchange. If Liquid Profiling works as described, as long as you know the knob settings of the original amp, one profile would be enough to cover every corner and every sweet spot. And that, in turn, could make those free one-off profiles much more valuable than they are now.

yeah, and?...
    So what lol be it. Por que no los dos

I sense a misunderstanding in some people's understanding of the mere greatness at reach here:

Some say that for them liquid profiles aren't a big thing, because they never had the original amps of their profiles at hand anyway and therefore don't know how all the knos in gain control and tone stack would react. As a consequence some say they're fine with the kemper controls. BUT I am afraid these people are missing out on the biggest point here:

As of now, i.e. without liquid profiles, you're basically stuck with your profile's sound "as is" with only a minimum of good tweaking options by changing gain an basic eq controls on the front of the kemper for the tiniest bit. The kemper's gain control, bass, mids, treble, presence are software based guesses of how a knob should work. By experience of many they are barely useable in all cases where you turn them more than "2-3 leds" (toaster) to the left or right. This noticeably changes the sound into the realm of "unrealistic", in some cases "not enjoyable". If you turn the knobs really far you can even create immensely weird noises within your guitar sound that have nothing to do with what any real amp in the world would do. THAT is the reason why all good profile packs give you loads of profiles for one single amp, sometimes the only difference being different gain levels. In short: A clean profile is unuseable for (higher) gain, a really dark profile cannot realistically be brightened up with the front controls (as both require big knob turns) and so forth.

Liquid profiles as they are described by CK overcome this flaw and make the knobs react as an amp. So - IF this dream comes true - one (ore a few drastically different) profiles should be enough. From there you can do everything you want with the kemper's knobs and still have it react as an amp would.

Many times at band rehearsal I have hated the discribed limitations whenever I wanted "the very amp" of a profile to have "much more gain" or "much less treble" and so on. On a real amp you just turn a knob and are good to go. Not so in the kemper world: Having to look for and switch to another profile of the same amp, only to find out that it's not yet "the one", has always been the major bummer in using a kemper and it has made day-to-day-use somewhat unsatisfying. Putting this to an end with THE SAME hardware AT NO COST is THE game changer! If it all works as we hope for than we basically get a new device for free.

They don't know how liquid profile works and yet they know how it's gonna work. Amazing

1. Profile through RM. Handy but I don't make profiles often. I don't need this.
    2. Profile Marketplace in RM. I don't need this.
    3. Android Support. Even though I am an Android guy and this has been a long time coming and will be useful to many I don't need this.
    4. USB Audio. Another feature long overdue that will help many but I don't need this.
    5. Liquid Profiling (accurate tone stack with EQ and gain staging). On the surface this sounds like more of that "amp in the room" voodoo to me. The Kemper in its current form meets or exceeds all of my needs as a guitarist. The last big game changer was the Kemper Kone, Kemper Kabinet(s) and speaker imprints. A wonderful feature that... (wait for it) I had no use for.

yeah congratulations, you should go in history for not -needing kemper updates-