Posts by tkm6002

Thanks very much. Interesting - so for the Studio profiles it is only the modeled approximation of taking away the cab - like adding a negative IR. I never knew that.

In Rig Exchange / Manager where is the indication what kind of profile you're encountering?

In Studio rigs, what does changing the Cab - right click on the icon or clicking drop down menu - do? And what is the difference between that and changing the imprint? Does changing either work differently through headphones vs monitor out?

Hey,

When checking out rigs on Rig Exchange - if the description shows a cab, does that mean it was a full rig capture (not a direct signal from the amp)? Does that mean that the cab block would be better turned off so that you're not adding an IR to an already "cabbed' signal? Seems like most of the rigs come with a cabinet turned on which wouldn't make sense if the signal already went through a cab.

The sounds are *in* the Fractal. Zero doubt in my mind.

It’s just much harder to get exactly what you want. It’s a teeaker’s dream. It allows for way more customization….but that takes time to both understand and pull out of the unit.

Yeah, but all of the Kemper sounds have something that I've yet to find on any fractal setting. Do you happen to know what it is that makes the Kemper sound so alive running through the Powered Kabinet? Does it automatically have resonant frequencies dialed in or certain frequencies boosted that need adjusted in the fractal? That's what I'm looking for - anybody able to point to the setting I need to turn up / change to make the Axe FX step forward in the Kabinet?

Kemper is a Profiler. Fractal is a modeler.

What is it about the profile that sounds better - seems to have MORE TONE - than a model. I understand the "its a snapshot" vs "you can tweak every modeled component" difference, but why does one seem to have more raw tone. I think the profiles I've tested have mostly all had more raw tone, but the Kemper seems to maybe even have more AITR feel than a quad cortex. Tonex is a real competitor to the Kemper sound, but without an all-in-one unit that includes effects its no good for me. But why does the profile generally sound better in the first place?

Hey,

I've gone back and forth between Kemper and Axe FX and when playing though any amplification (not headphones) the Kemper just sounds more like analog gear to me - sounds better - sounds closer to speaker, no blanket over the amp. Anybody able to explain WHY? Is there an EQ setting or compression or something that would balance out the difference?

I notice it most drastically when playing through a Kemper Powered Kabinet, but in other FRFR and speaker scenarios.