Posts by Strat999

Had the same experience with Fractal FM3 recently.. thought it would give me more flexibility in finding the sound I want. It's great for clean/mid gain sounds (on par with my favorite profiles), but spent many hours looking for a high gain sound to no avail. There's limitless tweaking option but doesn't really help.

I have the same problem with OP. The pick attack doesn't sound natural when I use Kemper's transpose function with heavy distortion. It's like it doesn't fully capture the initial attack. It's noticeable even in -1 or -2.

I wonder if dedicated down tune pedal (like the Digitech Drop) work better or do they have the same issue?

Hello. I'm interested in buying a powered kabinet for my kemper stage.

Currently I'm running it to a pair of Yamaha HS-8 and a HS8S subwoofer.

With this setup I can get good sounds, but I often have to scoop the mids of the profile and add a lot of bass. I play mostly high gain profiles.

I recently noticed that I actually prefer the sound when only 1 of the speaker is active (left or right), since it's more "amp-like".

I wonder how different the sound would be, between the powered kabinet and a studio monitor?

I read that the kabinet FRFR mode is enforced using DSP. How good is it for listening to backing track?

Also how does it compare to a full time FRFR, like a friedman ASC or laney LFR?

Thanks a lot for the Input! My unit is a kemper stage, and the speakers I ordered were the HS8.

I'll definitely tweak some more after I receive the speakers. So far after spending further time with the unit, I'm very impressed with the sound and the tone shaping options.

I found some really good free profiles on the rig exchange, and I also bought some profiles from choptones (JP2C, Friedman smallbox, boogie rectoverb). The choptones profiles sound really close to their youtube demo with only a minor tweaking.

Hi. I’ve finally received my kemper a few days ago and have been using a cheap computer speaker plugged into the headphone output. Do you think there’s any issue with this setup?

I have a pair of Yamaha HS speaker on order but they won’t arrive until another week or so.

So far I’ve found a few profiles that I like, but they’re a bit boomy and thin sounding. Do you think they’re going to sound different/improved through a real speaker/monitor out?