Posts by Ejwboss

I’ve figured out how to help dial the profiles in for your guitar and to control the bass without making you sound thin. Basically Pre and Post EQ’s are you friend, I use a graphic EQ in the pre and I reduce the gain of the lows (including low mids) and give a small boost to the frequencies you want (use your ears for this). Then for the post I use the studio EQ, most times I cut the lows to about 100hz and cut highs to about 8500-9000hz to get rid of fizz. I don’t really mess with the Q values but feel free to if you think it sounds better, but I try to dial the mid1 to about 500-650 (again use your ears) and do a small cut so it doesn’t get too thin. For Mid 2 I dial it to around 2500-3000hz and give it a small boost (sometimes above 1 db depending on what you want). The lows section I dial it to about 300-400hz and give those a decent cut depending how it sounds after you did your low cut from earlier. The highs section, you could either just leave it but sometimes I’ll give a small boost to the 8500ish hz, sometimes you can give a bit to the 10k while keeping the cut the same and it’ll give you a little bit of fizz but much more pleasant than before imo.

Basically, you can use my advice but I would say use your ears for the actual tweaking. I use passives for a 7 string at Drop G, you might use active pickups on your 8 which changes how the bass responds dramatically.

Hopefully someone who is looking for this thread will see this answer.

I'm gonna keep it short, I know which amps and stuff are good for djent tones... the question is which ones are worth it. I like that nice "clangy" type of sound when I'm doing individual string riffs and of course the nice chug that smacks you in the face. The main ones I'm looking at right now are the Invective or 5153 profiles, if you guys have any insight or other suggestions for profiles that would help a ton!

Hi I'll keep this brief, but I wanted to try and figure out how I can get the noise gates to cut off faster while not having a negative impact on my tone? I'm using an Omega Granophyre profile and I got the hum out while not playing, but a lot of times when I play tighter palm mutes I can't figure out how to have it cut off faster? (I use a 7 string with Lundgren M7's just for reference.)

Thanks, have a good day!