Posts by g00s3bb

Yes, you can have the main out as Stereo and the Monitor Out as Mono its in the output settings menu. No need for adaptors or special cables.

That cable you listed would take two mono outputs and feed a single stereo input. It isn’t what you need as the Fiedman is a mono input.

I meant could i use that cable to run stereo out of the monitor output to my monitors and run a mono xlr from the main out to the friedman? Simpler the other way, but just curious if that would also work.

Set Monitor Out to Master Mono in the output menu. Go from the 1/4" Monitor Out on the Kemper to the XLR input of the Friedman ASC-12 with a cable like this.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/P…-pxm110-10-foot

Does that mean i can have the main output as stereo still while having the monitor ouput as mono? I didnt realise i could do that.

Does it work vice versa? The main output xlr as mono and the monitor out as stereo, using a cable like this? Thanks for your help.

Hosa STP203 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Insert Cable (3m)
    Hosa STP203 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TS (3m) - Connect a channel insert on a mixing console to an effects processor with unbalanced phone jacks.
    djcity.com.au

Hi all, I am currenly running my unpowered Kemper head into studio monitors using the main TRS outputs in stereo which works just fine, but I have the opportunity to pick up a Friedman ASC12 second hand for dirt cheap, but I've noticed it only has a single XLR input (being only a single 12" FRFR speaker).

I know I can use both TRS and XLR outputs simultaneously, but unsure how to go hooking up to the Friedman being only mono? As I understand, you can change the main output on the kemper from stereo to mono, but not both simultaneously? The head only has a single monitor TRS output, not stereo monitor outs like the stage, so I can't run my monitors from the monitor out in stereo? Or can I get a stereo TRS to dual TRS cable or something for my monitors from the single monitor out? Is the single monitor out stereo or mono?

The other possibility is that you can buy a Y cable from dual XLR to single XLR, and run it from the main output XLR to the Friedman input like that, but would this work properly? Or would I run into phase issues and/or clipping etc if the input signal going into the FRFR power amp being too hot?

I'd like to have both the Friedman and monitors plugged into the Kemper at all times and just switch the output depending on which I want to use.

Thanks in advance, this is all pretty new to me. I did search but couldn't find anything g specific to this issue. Cheers.

Hi everyone, first post on these forums. Forgive me if this has been asked before/a lot (quick forum search didn't yield what I need to know).

Gonna drop the cash on a Kemper unpowered toaster shortly, just looking into my options of hooking it all together. I have always had 'real' amps in the past, so it's all a bit new to me. I understand that the Kemper has the option for an aux input, but I'd rather not use it for various reasons. I am only an at home player, so I'd just like to set up and forget about it. The set up I am thinking of is: Kemper -> unpowered mixer -> studio monitors. Using the mixer so I can run a couple of different aux ins (phone and pc) and just have everything come through my monitors or headphones from the mixer also.

This setup will only allow me to use 1/4" cables (no XLR option on the very small mixer I will be using, and can use a 3.5mm to dual TS cable for my PC connection). I understand the difference between TS and TRS cables, but what I need to know is; are TS cables and instrument/guitar cables the same thing? Or do I need specific TS cables for the Kemper to the mixer and from the mixer to the monitors?