Posts by lewie2020

Hi All,

I am once again seeking help as i am still pretty useless with the whole technology/ connecting / recording part of guitar !

I was wondering if someone could recommend how i could set up and connect the following so that i can record into Logic Pro X and listen to the guitar sound / track while i record via the ILoud Speakers and then also listen to the track playback afterwards via the monitors, so i wouldn't have to use the headphones if i didn't want to ? I only need to record in Mono to btw.

My current set up is a:-

Unpowered Kemper Toaster

Apple Mac Laptop

Logic Pro X

Scarlett Focusrite Solo

Iloud Micro Monitor Speakers

For Cables I have:-

2 x TS Guitar Cables

1 x 3.5mm 1/8 inch TRS Male to Dual 6.35mm 1/4 inch TS Male Mono Stereo Y-Cable Splitter (I currently use this to connect the kemper main output left and right into the iloud monitors. this let's me hear the kemper through the monitors.

Do i need new cables, or can it be done with what i have ? Or do i need to toggle some settings on the kemper/ logic!? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

Hello All

Quick question - I have a Yamaha THR II which appears to have a flat mode which i think is a flat range response mode. I am wondering if i could then just use this as a speaker for the Kemper instead of having to go and buy either new studio monitors or a FRFR Speaker ? I read something a while back which said you need to be careful connecting certain amps to the kemper otherwise might break it or something?

The details of the THR are below for those not familiar with it? And also how would i need to connect it to it? Many thanks for any help !

https://www.thomann.de/ie/yamaha_thr1…OhoCqLUQAvD_BwE

Modelling Combo Amplifier for Electric Guitar

• Built-in wireless receiver compatible with the Line 6 Relay G10 transmitter (Art Nr

(not included))
    • Integrated rechargeable battery
    • 5 Storage locations
    • Realistic tube amp sounds and playing feel
    • Built-in effects, Bluetooth and USB
    • New amp models for electric guitar and bass
    • Microphone models for acousto-electric and flat voicings
    • 3 Amp modes per amp type: Modern, Boutique, Classic
    • 6 Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Reverb
    • THR Remote Editor/Librarian app for desktop and mobile devices
    • 1 Channel
    • Power: 20 W
    • Controls: Amp Mode, Gain, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, Effect, Echo/Rev, Guitar Output, Audio Output
    • Switch: Memory 1-5, Tap/Tuner
    • Instrument input: 6.3 mm Jack
    • Aux input: 3.5 mm
    • Headphone output: 3.5 mm Stereo jack
    • USB
    • Dimensions (W x D x H): 368 x 140 x 183 mm
    • Weight: 3.2 kg
    • Includes a 15V 3A power supply

Thank you to everyone for the responses much appreciated! I am just using it as a temporary solution as i'm probably moving country once teh lockdown ends so getting some studio monitors or frfr isn't practical unfortunately ! Thanks again for your help!

Hi

I am just waiting on my unpowered kemper profiler to arrive and was wondering if i can connect the kemper to my Peavey Classic 30 Amp on the clean setting as opposed to buying a FRFR speaker?

If it is possible would i just connect it to the effects return?

Apologies if this has been asked before, i did have a quick search and saw an thread for a peavey 50/50 with power amp so not quite the same.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Lewie