Posts by uncledick

Rosanna doesn't have a full-on Kirk Hammett sound in it.

I guess that's why I'm asking for advice. The guitarist in The Free Radicals has a stunning sound when covering the song too. I realise he'd probably sound good with a rubber band stretched across a shoe box. Where should I start amp-wise? Most of my rigs are either Tweed or AC30 based so I'm a bit out of my comfort zone.

That said - have you tried one of the Kemper Drive's Horizon settings? One of that pedal's main uses is to tighten up higher gain amps. I'll check it out.

I play a CE22 with P90s and I'm struggling with a couple of songs where I need a nice, full-on lead (and rhythm) tone. At the moment I'm using the Kemper Kirk Hammett rig with a Klon type pedal. Trouble is it soon turns to mush. Should I swap to a different rig or try another effect? I know P90s aren't really a 'metal' pickup but I never use anything lower than a drop D. FWIW, I use a PowerKab with the FOH via the desk and Yamaha active heads.

I've put Steve Lukather as a starting point for discussion but other suggestions welcome. I don't mind paying if someone can point me in the right direction.