Solved: Issues with getting a clean signal through the chain ...

• Hey guys,

I was laying down some tracks yesterday - and noticed the following issue. Im wondering if it's just me - or if there are others seeing this as well?

So I was getting this mild crackling when changing the master volume back and forth. So I turned off all effects, amps and mods - and to my surprise - even with the unaffected guitar signal - I was hearing a crackling sound with just the guitar signal going through the KPA - sounds like a scratchy pot(entiometer) from the old analog pot days.

Im pretty sure its the same crackling I hear at the tail end of chords on some profiles.

What could I be doing wrong? Is my guitar clipping the signal chain somehow (clean input sense was set to like 2.0 or something)?

I did do a system reset after installing 1.6 (Im still running the Beta version - I looked at the change log - and didnt see any significant differences - so decided to wait for the next one instead).

Thanks for any help!

Edited once, last by gorillabendz (March 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM).

• Hmmm ... no responses on this one - looks like Im the only one who was seeing this. Anyway - upgraded to 1.60 stable release AND did a system reset (power on to tuner WHILE holding the system button).

All seems well now - only tried the headphone jack though - will try recording (main outs and SPDIF) again to see if the issue persists. The system reset (or the upgrade?) did clean up lot of the scratchy sounds though. Seems to have solved the master volume noise issues that I was having.

Will keep an eye open for this one though.

EDIT: Tested with the main audio outs - and this issue seems to be fixed when I moved up to the 1.6 release - and performed a system RESET. Not sure if it was the reset of the upgrade that fixed it. I always do a reset when I upgrade the firmware anyhow.

Edited once, last by gorillabendz (March 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM).