Kemper Player lvl 1 compressed compared to Rack?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hey,

I got my Player yesterday in the Mail.

First thing I tried today is to Transfer the profiles I made or my Engl Gigmaster 15. (Preamp only).

So my setup is:

Kemper rack, Monitor out into fx return of the Engl. The profile sounds, to my ears, exactly like having the Engl in the fX loop of the Kemper. So that's working.

In this preset I have only the amp profile, no cab obviously (cab block is locked) and the easy reverb at the end.

I saved this preset to the rig manager, connected the Player and transfered the preset onto the Player. I made sure to compare the setting, EQ etc. To have then set identically.

But they sound different. The Player is noticeably compressed. Not saying good or bad, I'm not at that point yet. What I'm looking for right now is consistency. In theory these two products should now sound identical. But they don't.

The effect is most noticeable when I turn down the volume knob. With the Rack I can get almost to whisper volume, just like with the real amp. With the Player there seems to be a lower limit and it won't get quieter anymore (unless I'm not playing... duh 😃)

So, either there is a setting like the compressor in the amp section of the Rack, which I'm not seeing in the rig manager of the Player or they actually do sound different.

Any ideas what might cause the difference?

I'm not at home until the weekend but I can upload the preset if that helps.

Greetings