Can’t connect RM to new player: IOS crashes

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Got me a player today.

Connected via WiFi (player as a hotspot) I’m on IOS

I get no further then the screen where it’s shows my player, with a button “connect” next to it.

When I hit it, the iOS app crashes.

Can’t upload a screenshot…file to big.

Anything I can do?

• Go to Kemper site and download onto USB stick. Then turn off Player /Unplug, then install USB stick. Hold down FX1 and FX2 white buttons and plug in power to Player while holding the buttons. You will see the lights flashing yellow as it updates.

It will flash red if you don’t put the Kaos.bin file in the root directory

Edited 2 times, last by drog (September 27, 2024 at 8:08 PM).

• Open a support ticket with Kemper. You shouldn't have to try to figure stuff like that out straight out of the box. IOS app updated today and seems to be working fine BUT my system was already setup via laptop awhile back so there may be difference in the OS that your player shipped with vs what they just released today. Let them do that work for you.

• Open a support ticket with Kemper. You shouldn't have to try to figure stuff like that out straight out of the box. IOS app updated today and seems to be working fine BUT my system was already setup via laptop awhile back so there may be difference in the OS that your player shipped with vs what they just released today. Let them do that work for you.

I agree, did so…

Got it from a “mom and pap” store…maybe it has an older FW then anticipated…they looked surprised that a customer even asked for it ;)

Tbh…I might return it.

If a unit relies on an app, you need to be able to rely on it to work.

• I don't think you can update the OS with the iOS version of Rig Manager. Use either a usb stick or the desktop version of Rig Manager.

Go to Kemper site and download onto USB stick. Then turn off Player /Unplug, then install USB stick. Hold down FX1 and FX2 white buttons and plug in power to Player while holding the buttons. You will see the lights flashing yellow as it updates.

It will flash red if you don’t put the Kaos.bin file in the root directory

Thnx for your help, appreciated. It’s going back in the box for now…and I’ll wait for support / or return it.