linking XLR outs

• I run my main xlr outs in mono. One side goes to FOH and the other to my in ear monitors mixer. Is it possible to link just one of the xlr's (my IEM mix) to the main volume knob?

Perhaps you already know this, but whilst the Stage’s XLR main outs are balanced (obviously, being XLRs), the monitor out jacks are unbalanced TS sockets.

Something to be aware of if you follow DonPetersen‘s suggestion.

• Get a Lehle P-Split and a TRS-XLR cable. It's a high quality solution to make your Monitor out balanced XLR. Plus it's easy to use a TRS cable instead where you run into a mixer that can do line only on TS/TRS connections (some auto switch to mic when XLR is connected).

I love my p-splits. High quality ground isolation, phase flip and ground lift switches, and always sounds spot on!

• I’ve got a balanced 1/4” to xlr from the monitor output and it seems to work fine.

The monitor output connection is unbalanced. So using a TRS to XLR would be the same as using an unbalanced TS to XLR.

Whether running the signal unbalanced will be a problem depends on how long the cable run is, and how much interference is picked up along the way. The advantage of balanced connections is that noise and hum picked up along the way is cancelled out when the phase of the two signals is reversed again and summed at the other end. Which is why balanced is the pro audio solution.

From the manual:

Analog Outputs PROFILER Stage

MAIN OUTPUT L and R:

XLR balanced, ¼-inch TS unbalanced with ground lift, output level: XLR +4 dBu, TS +4 dBu

MONITOR OUTPUT L and R:

¼-inch TS unbalanced with ground lift, output level: +4 dBu

• In case you intend to connect the Stage monitor output to a mixer XLR input, pay attention to any 48V present on that input. Could be davastating!

The rock-solid solution would be a transformer isolation box (as jaeger 28 suggested).