(Profiler Player) Please add "Long Press" state for all 3 footswitches to increase number of footswitch actions from 3 to 6

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi!

I think it will be very cool feature to add "Long Press" state for all 3 footswitches.

You can press as usual (press and release) to access 3 actions which you use more frequently - you basic sounds during the song, turning on delay for solo etc.

But if you press and hold the footswitch for example for 2 seconds - second action is triggerred, which may be used for not so frequent sounds and modes (like turning on tuner between songs etc).

This way we can have 6 footswitch setup from 3 actual footswitches! A lot of possibilities using the same hardware!

And I think this implementation is much better than "combo footswitch" mode which will be applied in next firmware. It's much easier to press only one footswitch than two of them at the same time.

• Victor Morozov August 22, 2024 at 7:09 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “(Profiler Player) Please add "Long Press" state for all 3 footswitches to increase number of button actions from 3 to 6” to “(Profiler Player) Please add "Long Press" state for all 3 footswitches to increase number of footswitch actions from 3 to 6”.
  • My god please. I'm dying because it doesn't have this.

It's absolutely silly to me that they would add, and then grey out the 1+2 and 2+3 functionality.

This not only is harder to program, it's also more difficult for the player to execute in a live setting.

AND it only takes the footswitches to 5... Instead of 6.

I mean, both would be welcome, but HOLD IS SO BASIC!!!

• Coming from Fractal FM3, I can definitely vouch for the fact that you can do a HUGE number of things with just three foot switches, if programmed correctly.

For real. There's also tremendous easy in programming them.

Instead, Kemper sticks to burying the settings in a 1" tall window at the bottom of the screen.

They should do a full pop-up screen where I can see a visual layout for the footswitches. SO much more intuitive.

I really think this death by 1,000 cuts quality of life stuff is holding back their market dominance.