1 Week in 2 problematic bugs Kemper Stage (Overdub issue with Rig Manager Connected/No Audio Out)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

I am really loving the Kemper sounds and features. The work flow has me making music and I can tweak profiles to sound great in such a short amount time. However I have had two odd issues occur so far in one week of ownership/ (I purchased the unit brand new from Sweetwater)

Issue 1 is that after connecting the unit to the Rig Manager via the USB connection the looper overdub function stops working. Even if I disconnect the USB cable the overdub no longer works. However I found that if I power the unit down, disconnect the physical power cable from the unit, and then re-plug the unit/power up after 10 seconds of being off everything will work properly again. Just shutting down and powering it up again without disconnecting the power cable did not fix the issue for me as the overdub did not work when I tried rebooting twice. At least I can correct this and have identified when it will happen (when connecting to rig manager)

Issue 2 is that all of a sudden last night the unit stopped outputting signal in addition the looper playback stopped working. I went into the browse pool yesterday and sorted by my favorite rigs after moving the selection knob all my audio abruptly cut out. I tried switching sounds, getting rid of the loop that was stored, switching between performance/browse, but nothing worked. Once again I fixed this by powering down, then disconnecting the IEC cable/re-plugging it in.

Should I get a new unit or just deal with the occasional bug when hooking up with the Rig Manager?

It seems the overdub thing is a known issue from looking around on these forums, but the Analog Outputs not putting audio out is more concerning.

• slowdive93 May 15, 2024 at 11:08 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “1 Week in 2 problematic bugs Kemper Stage” to “1 Week in 2 problematic bugs Kemper Stage (Overdub issue with Rig Manager Connected/No Audio Out)”.
  • Forgot to mention that I also had a ticking noise coming out of the analog output after using the USB recording function. Ticking noise stopped after a power cycle. Even with the USB disconnected the ticking kept happening ( was very rhythmic) tried turning off a bunch of the FX blocks, but it kept ticking. Seemed like some noise from the DSP/converters related to the clocking.

Edited once, last by slowdive93 (May 16, 2024 at 11:36 PM).