Remote Foot Controller-Bad LCD Screen Fix

• For many months now, my foot controller LCD screen would go from fully lit to dark, whenever I would lightly bump anywhere on the case. I could tap the case with my foot or hand, and the LCD would go dim, then tap it again and it would fully light. I contacted Kemper's repair center in Colorado for some troubleshooting. After some discussion and sending them a video of the problem, they thought that the screen itself might be bad, or perhaps the connector where the LCD's ribbon cable plugged into the board. However, they couldn't be certain until they tested the unit. I gig 3 to 4 nights per week and can't work without it, so I opted to buy a new screen at $20.00 shipped. Luckily there was no soldering involved and I was able to install it. Long story short...that fixed the issue and now my controller is back to normal.

There's very little information online about this problem, so I posted here for anyone who's experiencing the same thing. Replacing the screen is fairly involved, but NOT extremely difficult, with no soldering/desoldering required.

Edited once, last by stevehardy1 (February 6, 2024 at 3:15 PM).