Profile Player and Ampero Control

• By the way, my PROFILER Player doesn't boot up completely when the Ampero Control is plugged into the USB-A port. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yep, same here.

I didn`t found this thread before getting the Ampero Control. My bad.

I love the size, and it should do what I expect but... nothing. Now I'm considering: wait until be compatible, jump to another MIDI device or maybe getting a Midi to USB interface.

• Hey Folks, I have the same problem connecting the Ampero control. But I found a somewhat acceptable workaround for the moment. For me everything works fine when I plug a USB-hub between the USB-out of the ampero control and the USB-in of the Player. There are cheap pen-pen-drive sized ones that don't take too much space.

However that also tells me, something is wrong with the USB-Midi communication.

• Arg! I wish I had seen this thread a few days ago! I am having the same issue with the Ampero Control and the Player.

What a shame, as the form factor of the Ampero is perfect to work with my Player+HX Stomp Nano+ board.

I will have to continue to use by Morningtar MC6 Controller for the time being (which works swimmingly, but the form factor does not fit near as well with my pedal board.

Kettermann what was the brand of the pen-sized USB hub you found?

Current Rig: Kittycaster FX Groovy Wizard Fuzz Driver>ClinchFX Pico Pre>L6 HX Stomp>Kemper Profiler Player>Fender FR10

• I actually dug up a little USB Hub that I forgot I had and plugged that in between the Player and Ampero Control. That allowed me to successfully send midi CC and PC controls from the Ampero to the Player... BUT, it disables the buttons on the Player, which stay disabled until I unplug the hub and reboot the Player. Arg!

Sadly, it's looking like I may have to stick with my Morningstar MC6 until Hotone and/or Kemper push out updates that fix what is clearly some kind of midi-over-usb weirdness.

Current Rig: Kittycaster FX Groovy Wizard Fuzz Driver>ClinchFX Pico Pre>L6 HX Stomp>Kemper Profiler Player>Fender FR10

Edited once, last by LordByron (August 22, 2024 at 10:37 PM).

• What a shame, as the form factor of the Ampero is perfect to work with my Player+HX Stomp Nano+ board.

The USB to MIDI interface did the trick for me. I got one from amazon "OTraki USB MIDI 2 feet...". USB to Kemper and MIID to Ampero Control. Works flawlessly and the only disadvantage is externally power the Ampero.

• The USB to MIDI interface did the trick for me. I got one from amazon "OTraki USB MIDI 2 feet...". USB to Kemper and MIID to Ampero Control. Works flawlessly and the only disadvantage is externally power the Ampero.

Thanks! I ended up ordering a very small (about the size of two USB-A connectors stacked) USB hub and it did the trick. No issues with freezing pedals on the Player using this new mini-hub. Now I'm able to fully use midi over USB between the Player and the Ampero Control with zero problems. It's a great combo. :)