Blind Test Round #2: Axe-Fx III vs. Kemper

• That was proven wrong last round when all those guys got “the kemper sound” wrong!!!

Nothing was proven beyond this particular circumstance for the opposite anticipated effect to occur. ColdFrixon cited that the Kemper profile came out much darker than the Axe III profile, which is quite unusual to start with, and he also tweaked the profiles to be closer. Add to that there being multiple distortion stomps in the Axe patch and the KPA's accuracy suffers more with multiple distorting stages, which is something they themselves cite.

There have been plenty of blind tests in the past where people have guess correctly when the KPA exhibits common qualities during profiling vs the source. Because many were fooled on this occasion doesn't "prove" those other instances wrong or lucky. It merely demonstrates that people can be fooled sometimes, though I'd contend that this was a highly uncommon circumstance. Still, I have to admit I got them both wrong.

• As stated before, the real test is how similar they sound not which sounds better (as the purpose of profiling is to duplicate, not improve).

I like blind tests because they take the pre conceptions away and we are just focused on the sound.

This isn't a serious test under controlled conditions, which shows how easy the profiling process is to get such good results.

On all counts for me it shows how good the KPA is and how good the Axe is for its base sounds.

For that we should all be happy that we live in an age with such great products.