Please Help me Set up my Kemper for Recording

• Hi Guys,

I'm abouta 6.5/10 on the technical front generally but i've just never been able to set my Kemper up to record. I've tried every cable/input combination recommended on the net and from dudes at the Music store- as well as mucking around with Audio settings in Windows but i just can't seem to get it - as a last ditch effort i'm ask you the Kemper forum to please help me out.

So with my current gear and in my mind it should be

Guitar -Kemper Input - Kemper Main Out XLR - Mbox Line In XLR (Rear) - Computer - Mbox Line Out - Monitors.

I've also tried Spdif and 1 1/4 inch variations.

I can get a line in to record okay, but never back out to the monitors live while i'm playing.. that is really the essence of my problem.

I can get recording into Adobe Audition okay but never get it to play back through the monitors.

I run a nearly identical setup for a podcast with a mixer instead of the Kemper and that works just fine.

I've tried the Kemper outputs into the mixer (XLR, 1 1/4 inch and aux cables... can get signal in desk and into Audition but not out htrough monitors at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated! I unbderstand the sh it is hard to articulate>interpret>advise but i'm really at a loss as to why io can't gret real time feedback to my monitors. If i use a Line 6 UX2 it works flawlessly!

All the best,

-Simon

Edited once, last by SimonofDoom (June 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM).

• Is this an issue with the Mbox then? To be honest I know nothing about the Mbox and use a Mac, but it automatically recognises the interface and then I just need to set the I/O in my daw (pro logic). Are you definitely setting the I/O? Are you setting the track to monitoring? It sounds to me like this latter is the issue as it seems you're saying that you can record and then listen back but not hear whilst playing .

• Don't forget to differentiate between hardware and software monitoring of signals during a recording.

Software monitoring means the recording-software is looping the signals being recorded back to the audio interface. I have no experience with Adobe Audition and don't know if it has this feature. Software-based monitoring may introduce unwanted and possibly excessive latency so this isn't something I normally recommend anyway.

Hardware-based monitoring means that the signal being recorded is tapped for monitoring before entering the computer. Avid Mbox, unfortunately has no hardware controls for this so you have to look for the software used to control this. The manual (pages 27-30) describe these features as being controlled from the driver-control-panel. There appear to be a built-in mixer that allow you to mix the direct signal with what is coming out of the computer, where the default behaviour is to mute the direct route of inputs to speaker outputs.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal (June 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM).