Normalizing Volume from Rig to Rig (and a couple of other questions)

• Ok, so I'm very new to the KPA thing, and I've recently bought a few rigs, and even the rigs I'm using so far I want to normalize the volume when I switch from my favorites. Here is what I know so far:

I'm not concerned with input volume when it comes to normalizing the volume from amp to amp. In fact, I plan to leave it at 0 even when I switch guitars aside from where there might be a drastic difference in output. I know these amps will react differently to different guitars, just like with the physical amp. I'm not worried about that.

My trouble is that I would like to have a unity volume between my clean, crunch, and lead sounds that I may be using. Should I be adjusting the output volume or rig volume? And I'm assuming when I make whichever adjustment I need I then need to store the rig (using the replace option) and not the output module itself so that I can keep them varying from rig to rig.

If I use the rig volume, will that change the character of the profile similar to adjusting the master volume on an amp?

Right now I'm using my pedal board into the KPA until I get a Remote, so I'm using just base sounds and then flavoring/boosting them to taste with my various drives and effects. I'm using only dry amp signals, so neither of the effects modules (pre or post) will be in use here.

A couple of other questions unrelated to the volume issues.

I have a Pigtronix Dual Expression pedal, which I currently use to control my Strymon pedals. If I were to connect that through both of its outs to my KPA or a remote, I think I understand correctly that the Wah module will only engage if I turn on the corresponding stomp, but since it's a dual pedal if I do that will the volume function still be simultaneously manipulated? If so, is there a way I can disengage that function only when I activate the Wah on that stomp? There are times I would like to control two functions at once, say a leslie speed and my delay mix. Can that work?

Lastly, I recently bought some TAF profiles (The AFD Marshall, 1963 Vox, and 69 Superlead) and I tried a couple of the AFD profiles very briefly and found them surprisingly lacking in bass and presence. I know I can tweak these things to taste, and I will, but has anyone found a similar issue with those particular profiles? I was using a single coil guitar at the time, but it is a very beefy strat that normally reacts very similarly to my PAF clone pickups in my HB guitars.

Thanks for making it through this thread, and for any advice you may have for me.

Chad

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.