Best poweramp for bedroom volume?

• Ale, just grab a Yamaha DXR10 and you good to go. You can play at low (bedroom) volumes just fine...plus you have the capability to really crank it, if you should get the opportunity. Since the Yammy DXR10 is an active (powered) monitor, you do not need a separate external amp.
    Cheers,
    John

The DXR10 is a fine option, but the BOSS Katana 100 combo is cheaper and also does a good job at low volume levels. It has a power selector that allows you to run at .5 W.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• The DXR10 is a fine option, but the BOSS Katana 100 combo is cheaper and also does a good job at low volume levels. It has a power selector that allows you to run at .5 W.

Hi Zappledan,

Did someone already mention the BOSS Katana in this thread? Or, did you mean to write in the following sense: "the Boss Katana 100 combo is also another possible option". LOL, sorry for my confusion, but your reply seems like the Katana was already one of the options that has been in discussion, and because it is cheaper, might be a better solution for @Ale.

And that may be. However, I would point out that the Katana combo does not employ an FRFR speaker setup. To my understanding, it uses a single-driver guitar type speaker. In which case, one will not get the full benefit and full character of Studio profiles -- i.e. the incredibly significant contribution of the Cabinet portion of the KPA studio profile.

Cheers,
    John

Edited 4 times, last by Tritium (January 8, 2017 at 9:39 PM).

• Hi Zappledan,

Did someone already mention the BOSS Katana in this thread? Or, did you mean to write in the following sense: "the Boss Katana 100 combo is also another possible option". LOL, sorry for my confusion, but your reply seems like the Katana was already one of the options that has been in discussion, and because it is cheaper, might be a better solution for @Ale.

And that may be. However, I would point out that the Katana combo does not employ an FRFR speaker setup. To my understanding, it uses a single-driver guitar type speaker. In which case, one will not get the full benefit and full character of Studio profiles -- i.e. the incredibly significant contribution of the Cabinet portion of the KPA studio profile.

Cheers,
    John

No one had mentioned it in this thread, which is why I did ;)

I have both the DXR10 and Katana 100. I run with cabs on through the Katana's aux input, and have A/B'd the two. The Katana is a decent choice IMO.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer