Being able to use spdif-in as unprocessed input

• The spdif input offers better audio quality than the aux input, and for some of us (or maybe just me, lol) that use tracks to practice or jam along, it would be great if you could set the spdif to behave like the aux-input.

• I think you're mistaken on what SPDIF is as a format - SPDIF is a digital interface; it doesn't process audio at all. It's a strictly digital signal, despite having an RCA style jack. Can you explain what you mean by "SPDIF input offers better audio quality"?

Now that i think about it you might be right. My idea was to connect my audio card spdif out to the kemper and feed it audio (either from my daw or an audio player software), but if the kemper gets the already processed audio signal it should sound about on par with rca... not sure about this one, if you can confirm this would indeed get worse or equal sound quality i'll take it down, thanks!

• Now that i think about it you might be right. My idea was to connect my audio card spdif out to the kemper and feed it audio (either from my daw or an audio player software), but if the kemper gets the already processed audio signal it should sound about on par with rca... not sure about this one, if you can confirm this would indeed get worse or equal sound quality i'll take it down, thanks!

The problem would be that you can only use one input at a time - SPDIF or main guitar input. If you use the SPDIF, you won't be able to play alongside. It'll also route the SPDIF signal through your guitar FX chain, unless some tweaks were made.

• The problem would be that you can only use one input at a time - SPDIF or main guitar input. If you use the SPDIF, you won't be able to play alongside. It'll also route the SPDIF signal through your guitar FX chain, unless some tweaks were made.

That's what i was referring to, being able to use spdif as an input at the same time than the regular guitar input (as in just behaving like the aux input). But i didn't thought about what JeffTD said, if the spdif signal is sent already decoded into the kemper (by my audio card) then it would make no difference vs the aux input quality (at least that's my guess). I'll just take down this request and settle on using an interface as mixer (to feed it hq audio plus the kemper signal) :)

Wish the darn thing would just work as an interface tho haha.

• That's what i was referring to, being able to use spdif as an input at the same time than the regular guitar input (as in just behaving like the aux input). But i didn't thought about what JeffTD said, if the spdif signal is sent already decoded into the kemper (by my audio card) then it would make no difference vs the aux input quality (at least that's my guess). I'll just take down this request and settle on using an interface as mixer (to feed it hq audio plus the kemper signal) :)

Wish the darn thing would just work as an interface tho haha.

You'll definitely get good results with an aux splitter cable. There wouldn't be much benefit to the audio quality using SPDIF.