Expression pedals: change impedance + init

• Hi!

Questions about the setup and impedance change of exp pedals here
    I've looked through what is on the forum, but didn't find an answer (yet)

I found some stuff here : http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.ph…e-volume-pedal/?

anyway...

1 : connecting the expr pedals, it says that input 2 is the default for volume pedals. does this mean input 2 prefers logarithmic pedals (like volume pedals) while input 1 prefers linear pedals (like expresion pedals)?

2 : the expr pedal inputs prefer a range between 10kOhm min and 100kOhm max. I am using an old BOSS FV300L for expression and an old BOSS FV100 as volume but I can't find out what the range of both is.
    I would like to find out so I can put a resistor in it to change the impedance so that it will fir the kempers range.

3 : I dont understand the pedal init procedure on the Kemper. it says that after pushing the resp init button, you have to perform a full swell, but I dont get a message or anything that says it has been done. After I do the swell, the pedal just stays completely off. I understand that the moment you push the init button, it sets the current reading to '0', but it would be nice to actually get a message from the kemper saying the toe down has been reached as well.
    can anyone tell me the complete correct procedure to init an expr pedal?

thanks a lot !!!

Sven

• 1) You can only use expression pedals in those two inputs, which will control volume as well. The FV100 won't be suited to the Kemper, it's more of the type of pedal you'll put before an amplifier, not an expression pedal.
    2) Not too sure about the exact impedence, but the FV-300L is a low impedence pedal, according to the Boss site. Not too sure what the range is.
    3) Will have to check back on this, iirc, there is no message when the init procedure is completed.