Powerhead Toaster Case

• I have been using the double drum pedal bag solution for my Powerhead toaster, but it doesn't offer much protection, and I have grown a bit unhappy with it for that reason. So, I bought a Barska HD-400 case (found it for about $US60, it is 19" X 14" X about 7 1/4" inside dimensions, just big enough for the toaster on top and bottom with some padding), and removed the foam inside, could have used it but would be a lot of work, simpler to have to cut a hole in only one piece..

I purchased three pieces of 19" X 14" foam at a local foam purveyor, one is 3" thick soft open-cell egg crate, one is 1" thick soft open-cell egg crate, one is 1" thick, flat, soft open-cell. Put the 1" egg crate in the bottom of the case. Used a steak knife to cut an opening for the toaster in the 3" egg crate, put it on top of the 1" piece (which has no hole), put the 1" thick foam in the lid, and voila! A fairly durable, waterproof, shock-protected case for my beloved toaster! It holds the toaster very securely. Also there is enough room left in the case around the toaster for the AC power cord, speaker cable, and a guitar cable, so this idea worked out very well for me! With the lid closed, the toaster is slightly compressed between the top 1" flat foam layer and the bottom 1" egg crate layer, but overall doesn't put too much stress on the bottom row of knobs, which was a concern for me.

Anyway, thought I would share it with you all. I don't seem to be able to upload a photo of the case, but it may be seen on Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia6l5bjerz1xqt5/IMG_5280s.jpg

Edited once, last by ucnick: Detail correction (March 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM).