Anyone tried both Matrix and KPA power amp?

• Need some help here. I've posted about this before, but I could really use some input from those of you having played your KPA through both the power amp that comes with the new powered line of KPAs and a Matrix power amp (such as the GT 1000 or 800 FX).

Here's my (admittedly first world) problem. I'm currently using the original toaster version through my excellent Matrix GT1000FX. The Matrix powers a cab with Scumbacks on stage with cab sims off and I send a signal to the FOH in addition to this. Best of both worlds, sounds great, and as you may have heard or read, the Matrix (particularly the GT1000FX) is an amazing amp.

But the Matrix power amp means another box to carry and additional cable clutter, so I've considered upgrading to a powered KPA -- practical for fly gigs etc. Since the Matrix sounds so good for this particular application, I'm a bit scared that the KPA power amp won't deliver with the same power and sound quality.

So, can anybody having experienced both the internal KPA power amp and the Matrix shed some light on this? Does the internal KPA power amp compete with the Matrix, both for flat FRFR applications and for powering a regular guitar cab? Any strengths/weaknesses I need to know of?